Summer Reading Wrap-Up
Happy October! Hope everyone is having a fabulous Autumn. The past few months have been super busy as I was writing a book and traveling. Sometimes the two don't go very well together. Especially when you're under a deadline.
Anyway ... Because of the writing deadline, I didn't read as many books as I normally do. But here's the list of books I read during the summer in the order that I read them.
1. The Orphan Queen (The Orphan Queen, #1) by Jodi Meadows, YA Fantasy
2. The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen, #2) by Jodi Meadows, YA Fantasy
3. Yours for Christmas (Fool’s Gold, #15.5) by Susan Mallery, Contemporary Romance, novella
4. The Crown’s Fate (The Crown’s Game, #2) by Evelyn Skye, YA Fantasy
5. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, Mainstream literary
6. Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3) by Lisa Kleypas, Historical Romance
7. The Crown of Embers (The Girl of Fire and Thorns, #2) by Rae Carson, YA Fantasy, reread
8. A Dangerous Deceit (The Thief-Takers, #3) by Alissa Johnson, Historical Romance
9. The Rogue Not Taken (Scandal & Scoundrel, #1) by Sarah MacLean, Historical Romance
It feels so strange to not have read at least twelve books, and I'm five books behind on my Goodreads challenge. Yikes! But I hope to catch up a bit during October. Are you doing a reading challenge?
I reread The Crown of Embers because I'm using this series for a book club I'm doing with a couple of teen girls. Enjoyed it a lot, even the second time through.
My favorite reads of the summer were the two books in The Orphan Queen series by Jodi Meadows. There were well-written compelling fantasies with great characters. I highly recommend them!
Until next time, happy reading!