Oct/Nov Reading Wrap-Up
Hi everyone! I’ve had a busy couple of months, and I imagine December will be even busier. I managed to read eight books during October and November in spite of everything. Woot! So here they are in order from first to last.
1. Truth in Lies (The Generators, #2) by Jennifer DiGiovanni, YA superhero
2. Daughter of the Siren Queen (Daughter of the Pirate King, #2) by Tricia Levenseller, YA fantasy
3. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne, Adult contemporary romance
4. Fawkes by Nadine Brandes, YA fantasy
5. Save the Cat! Writes a Novel by Jessica Brody, nonfiction craft of writing
6. A Conspiracy in Belgravia (Lady Sherlock, #2) by Sherry Thomas, historical mystery
7. The Bridge by Jill Cox, NA contemporary sweet romance
8. Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis, nonfiction self-help
Two nonfiction books! Can you believe it? I rarely read nonfiction anymore, but both of these were helpful. I’m currently using Jessica Brody’s version of Save the Cat! in replotting my current work in progress (wip). I had run into some problems and now am on my way to getting the wip in order. I can’t wait to get back to writing again.
Of the other books I read, it’s really hard to pick a favorite. Those with fantastical elements did not disappoint and the romances were lovely. I also enjoyed Sherry Thomas’s historical mystery, which is the second book in her Lady Sherlock series.
So, as usual when I can’t pick a fave, I’ll show you some of the wonderful covers.